Christmas Bureau COVID-19 Principles
- The safety and well being of staff, volunteers, clients, and donors is the most important consideration.
- Implement practices to minimize the risk of transmission of infection amongst staff, volunteers, donors, clients, and public.
- Provide procedures for rapid response if a staff, volunteer, donor, or client have symptoms of an illness.
- Ensure that staff and volunteers maintain high levels of sanitation and personal hygiene.
- Plans should be able to scale up or down depending on the evolving COVID-19 situation.
- Comply, to the extent possible, with the Alberta Government COVID-19 General Relaunch Guidance and any Alberta Health restrictions.
Considering the new Alberta Government COVID restrictions announced September 15, 2021, and the many businesses and sites that host our activities, the Christmas Bureau will follow the Restrictions Exemption Program for all our activities, events, and programs where required by either Alberta Government orders or by site requirements.
As such, we provide the following update.
Anyone participating in the Hamper Sponsorship Program must:
- Not deliver if feeling ill, show any symptoms of COVID-19, the flu, or a cold.
- Follow Alberta Health protocols.
- Wear a properly fitting mask or face covering while delivering hampers.
- Maintain physical distancing of 2m where possible.
- Hand sanitize before and after each delivery.
The Christmas Bureau commits to:
- Only engaging in activities that are safe for all participants. The Hamper Sponsorship program may change based on Alberta Health directives, guidance and protocols.
- Provide physical barriers where 2m distancing is not possible.
- Sanitizing workstations between volunteers.
- The Christmas Bureau of Edmonton will not keep any health records on file.