2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a resident of the City of Edmonton. For those residing outside the corporate limits of Edmonton, please visit 211.ca for assistance in your region.
- Combined household income is taken into consideration.
- Only those permanently residing in the household are eligible for assistance. Visiting family/friends are not eligible. Identification is required for everyone on the application.
- Dwelling ownership and value are taken into consideration.
- Those residing in a designated facility (e.g.: nursing home, group home, shelters) or in a residence where meals are provided are not eligible for assistance from the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton.
- When submitting application please ensure that copies (not originals) of support documents are attached to the application. Applications without support documentation will be delayed in determining eligibility.
- Missing information will delay the application process in determining eligibility.
- A Christmas Bureau of Edmonton Intake Worker may call to verify information provided.
- All applications and documents submitted will be destroyed upon delivery of service.
- DEADLINE TO APPLY — applications and documents must be received in the Christmas Bureau office no later than NOVEMBER 29, 2019 to be eligible for delivery of Christmas services.
- Apply once! Applying in multiple avenues may delay the application process as files are being verified.
Please ensure you are submitting copies of the required documentation with your application. Please do not send originals as they will not be returned. All documents will be used only for the determination of Christmas assistance and will be destroyed upon completion of services for 2019.
||Please provide information regarding the combined household income. Example: Tax assessment, 3 recent Pay Stubs, Canada Child Benefits, Alberta Supports, A.I.S.H.
|Proof of Edmonton residency
||Please provide proof of Edmonton residency. Example: Utility bill; Lease Agreement (Page 1, Page 2 and last page of agreement)
|ID for all individuals on the application form
||Please include ID with birth dates for everyone on the application. Example: Alberta Health Care card; Birth Certificate, School ID
|Dwelling ownership / renting
||Please indicate whether you own or rent your home. Example: Renting—lease agreement.
Before mailing, faxing or emailing your application, please ensure that you have and are sending the following:
- identification for everyone on the application
- combined household income
- proof of Edmonton residency
- dwelling ownership / renting
To download and complete the application, click here.
Applications can be:
- mailed to: Christmas Bureau of Edmonton, #1, 12122 68 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5B 1R1
- faxed to: 780-414-7695
- scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org