Need help this Christmas?
Deadline for applications is Friday, November 26, 2021
There will be no Walk-In Days for 2021. All applications MUST be received by Friday, November 26, 2021 for delivery of services.
2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a resident of the City of Edmonton. For those residing outside the corporate limits of Edmonton, please visit 211.ca for assistance in your region.
- Combined household income is taken into consideration.
- Only those permanently residing in the household are eligible for assistance. Visiting family/friends are not eligible. Identification is required for everyone on the application.
- Dwelling ownership and value are taken into consideration.
- Those residing in a designated facility (e.g.: nursing home, group home, shelters) or in a residence where meals are provided are not eligible for assistance from the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton.
- When submitting application please ensure that copies (not originals) of support documents are attached to the application. Applications without support documentation will be delayed in processing.
- A Christmas Bureau of Edmonton Intake Worker may call to verify information provided.
- All applications and documents submitted will be destroyed upon delivery of service.
- DEADLINE TO APPLY — applications and documents must be received no later than NOVEMBER 26, 2021 to be eligible for delivery of Christmas services.
- Apply once! Applying in multiple avenues may delay the application process as files are being verified.
How to Apply for Christmas Services
- Apply once! Multiple applications from the same household will result in a delay in processing the application.
- Already part of an agency - If you are already associated with one of several social service agencies in Edmonton, you can apply through an approved screening agency that will assist you with the application process.
- Apply online - Click here to apply online directly to the Christmas Bureau. You will need to upload all requested documentation before you can submit your application. Be sure to carefully read the instructions to upload with your application. If you are missing documents, you will not be able to submit your online application.
- Download the application and submit by mail, fax or scan and email - Click here to download the application. You will need to submit all required documentation with your application. Be sure to carefully read the instructions and submit the full documentation with your application.
- Apply by phone at 780-414-7695- phone lines will be open October 5, 2021. Hours of operation are: Monday – Saturday from 8:30 am – 6:00 pm - we will assist you; however, you may still be required to submit the necessary documents to finalize your application. Our Intake Worker will explain what is required.
The Christmas Bureau mandate (food and Adopt-A-Teen program and 630 CHED Santas Anonymous toy program) is intended to provide support to families, individuals and seniors in need who otherwise would not receive a festive meal or gifts for their children and teens.
The Christmas Bureau program is funded through community donations and is not governed by or financially supported by any government funding. The Christmas Bureau program is not an extension of any government programs; therefore, being on a government program does not mean the client meets Christmas Bureau eligibility criteria.