Need help this Christmas?
2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a resident of the City of Edmonton. For those residing outside the corporate limits of Edmonton, please visit 211.ca for assistance in your region.
- Combined household income is taken into consideration.
- Only those permanently residing in the household are eligible for assistance. Visiting family/friends are not eligible. Identification is required for everyone on the application.
- Dwelling ownership and value are taken into consideration.
- Those residing in a designated facility (e.g.: nursing home, group home, shelters) or in a residence where meals are provided are not eligible for assistance from the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton.
- When submitting application please ensure that copies (not originals) of support documents are attached to the application. Applications without support documentation will be delayed in processing.
- Missing information will delay the application process.
- A Christmas Bureau of Edmonton Intake Worker may call to verify information provided.
- All applications and documents submitted will be destroyed upon delivery of service.
- DEADLINE TO APPLY — applications and documents must be received in the Christmas Bureau office no later than NOVEMBER 29, 2019 to be eligible for delivery of Christmas services.
- Apply once! Applying in multiple avenues may delay the application process as files are being verified.
How to Apply for Christmas Services
- Apply once! Multiple applications from the same household will result in a delay in processing the application.
- Already part of an agency - If you are already associated with one of several social service agencies in Edmonton, you can apply through an approved screening agency (click for agency list) that will assist you with the application process.
- Apply online - Click here to apply online directly to the Christmas Bureau. You will need to upload all requested documentation before you can submit your application. Be sure to carefully read the instructions and have ready, in PDF format, the necessary documents to upload with your application. If you are missing documents, you will not be able to submit your online application.
- Download the application and submit by mail, fax or scan and email - Click here to download the application. You will need to submit all required documentation with your application. Be sure to carefully read the instructions and submit the full documentation with your application.
- Apply by phone - phone lines will be open October 15, 2019 - If you apply by calling Intake Phone Line – 780.414.7695 - we will assist you; however, you will still be required to submit the necessary documents to finalize your application. Our Intake Worker will assist you and explain what is required.
- Walk-In applications will only be accepted starting November 1, 2019 at the Jerry Forbes Centre – 12122 68 Street between the hours of 9 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Statutory Holidays.
- Walk-In applications will also be accepted by the following agencies (you don’t need to have an association with them):
- Bissell Centre - 10527 96 St
- Boyle Street Community Services - 10006 105 Ave
- Edmonton Vietnamese and Chinese Seniors Association - #6, 10650 101 St
- McMan Youth Family and Community Services - 12604 126 St
- Mosaic Centre - 12758 Fort Road
- Oliver Centre - 15830 100A Ave
- Terra Centre for Teen Parents - 9930 106 St
- WECAN - 248 Riverview Crossing - old Abbotsfield Mall
Please ensure you are submitting copies of the required documentation with your application. Please do not send originals as they will not be returned. All documents will be used only for the determination of Christmas assistance and will be destroyed upon completion of services for 2019.
||Please provide information regarding your household income. Example: Notice of Assessment, Pay Stubs, Canada Child Benefits, Alberta Supports, A.I.S.H.
|Proof of Edmonton residency
||Please provide proof of Edmonton residency. Example: Utility bill; Lease Agreement (Page 1, Page 2 and last page of agreement)
|ID for all individuals on the application form
||Please include ID with birth dates for everyone on the application. Example: Alberta Health Care card; Birth Certificate, School ID
|Dwelling ownership / renting
||Please indicate whether you own or rent your home. Example: Renting—lease agreement (Page 1, Page 2 and last page of agreement)
The Christmas Bureau mandate (food and Adopt-A-Teen program and 630 CHED Santas Anonymous toy program) is intended to provide support to families, individuals and seniors in need who otherwise would not receive a festive meal or gifts for their children and teens.
The Christmas Bureau program is funded through community donations and is not governed by or financially supported by any government funding. The Christmas Bureau program is not an extension of any government programs; therefore, being on a government program does not mean the client meets Christmas Bureau eligibility criteria.