Need help this Christmas?
If you find yourself in need of Christmas assistance, you can apply four ways for services:
- If you are already associated with one of several social service agencies in Edmonton, you can apply through an approved screening agency (click for agency list) that will assist you with the application process. Agency application deadline is November 23, 2018. The following agencies will also assist new clients for the Christmas program:
- Boyle Street Community Services - 10116 105 Ave;
- Metro Continuing Edmonton - by appointment only, please call 780 428 1111;
- Mosaic Centre - 12758 Fort Road
- Starting October 1, 2018 you can download an application form (application form), complete the application form and submit the signed application and documentation to the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton. Applications for down load will be available until November 30 and must be received by the Christmas Bureau by December 7, 2018.
- Completed applications and documentation can be mailed to: Christmas Bureau of Edmonton, P.O. Box 16000 Edmonton, AB T5J 4B4
- Completed applications and documentation can be scanned and emailed to: email@example.com
- Completed applications and documentation can be faxed to: 780.454.6087
- Starting November 1, 2018, you can call Intake Phone Line – 780.414.7695. Intake Workers will assist with the application process until December 11, 2018.
- Walk-in applications will only be accepted December 20 and 21, 2018 at our Walk-In Days at the Jerry Forbes Centre – 12122 68 Street between the hours of 9 am and 7 pm both days.
The Christmas Bureau of Edmonton offers a one-stop application process for three Christmas services:
- food hamper or food gift card from the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton food program
- toys for children aged 0 to 12 years through 630 CHED Santas Anonymous
- gift cards for teens aged 13 to 17 through the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton’s Edmonton Sun Adopt-A-Teen program
The Christmas Bureau of Edmonton works closely with other Christmas charity programs to reduce duplication of services. As a community we work together to provide Christmas assistance to as many people as possible. These Christmas programs use the same screening process as the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton to ensure consistency in application.
The Christmas Bureau of Edmonton’s program is intended to provide support to families, individuals and seniors in need who otherwise would not receive a festive meal or gifts for their children and teens. Our programs are not intended to be a doubling up or topping up of Christmas services already provide. Our programs are funded through community donations and are not governed by or an extension of any government programs.