Christmas Bureau of Edmonton Covid Statement - 2020 Campaign
"The Christmas Bureau of Edmonton remains committed in it’s mission of providing coordination of holiday giving to Edmontonians in need for the 2020 campaign. As we adapt our programs to fit the environment of covid, the safety of all staff, volunteers, clients, and donors is of paramount importance. As such, there will be changes made in how we deliver our service to the community this year- in that the festive food hamper program is temporarily on hold for 2020, and all qualified client recipients will receive grocery gift cards."
Christmas Bureau COVID-19 Principles
1. The safety and wellbeing of staff, volunteers, clients and donors is the most important consideration.
2. Implement practices to minimize the risk of transmission of infection amongst staff, volunteers,
donors, clients and general public.
3. Provide procedures for rapid response if a staff, volunteer, donor and client have symptoms of an
4. Ensure that staff and volunteers maintain high levels of sanitation and personal hygiene.
5. Plans should be able to scales up or down depending on the evolving COVID-19 situation.
6. Comply, to the extent possible, with the Alberta Government COVID-19 General Relaunch Guidance